The Journey to Become an Associate
Contact the Director of Associates, who will talk with you about becoming an Associate. Then …
- You will complete an application;
- The director and you will mutually choose a companion to accompany you through the journey.
- After completing the application, a 10-month inquiry journey begins. Generally, the orientation sessions consist of information on Providence spirituality and the Community’s mission, charism, history, and ministries.
- In a mutual discernment process, you will be invited to make a formal commitment as an Associate of the Sisters of Divine Providence.
- You will be received and blessed in a formal commitment ceremony, at which time all Sisters and Associates renew their commitments and are commissioned to make Providence more visible in the world.
- The initial covenant commitment is for a period of one year, with a renewal period of one to five years.
Download our Associate Brochure.